To celebrate 35 years of a sneaker icon, we we drop our second Air Max 1 in festival fashion. In August of 1969, almost half a million festival goers made a trip to Bethel, NY and sent a message to the universe. They were dressed in the eclectic fashions of the time: faded denim, surplus fatigues (including M-65s and tiger camo), corduroy, and decorated with peaceful protest motifs. Jackets carried fringes, hair was decorated with flowers. The event concluded as a lasting symbol of ’60s counterculture.
With the Concepts x Nike Air Max 1 SP “Heavy,” we link the legacy of that August weekend to a lineage of radical youth expression. While the material mix is similar to the “Mellow,” its heavier. We’ve got denim, tiger camo and leather, and these three materials juxtapose with the softness of wide wale corduroy at the collar. The “Heavy” also includes patterned elements of bandanna, cowhide, and woven material panels. The former, a Concepts-exclusive, approximates the famous guitar straps employed by festival performers.
The Concepts x Nike Air Max SP “Heavy” features -
- Bandana Style: Classic paisley bandana print delivers a bold, vintage statement while the custom Swoosh bandana print lets you rep your brand.
- Summer of Love Details: Denim details, guitar pick hangtag and loose thread embroidery return you to the Summer of Love.
- Floral Swoosh for a bohemian twist while the 'mud' speckled midsole (inspired by concerts in parks) puts a free-spirited finish on every step.
- Visible Air cushioning adds a level of comfort originally designed for performance runners.
- Rubber outsole delivers traction and durability.
- Padded, low-cut collar looks sleek and feels great.
- Extra set of laces
- Rich mixture of materials on upper
- SKU: DN1803-900
The Concepts x Nike Air Max SP “Heavy” and associated apparel launch exclusively at Concepts retail locations and online on March 12, 2022 at 11AM EST.
Footwear at retail locations will only be available for drawing pick ups. Our online release will be available and first come, first serve.
Stay tuned for more release information exclusively from our Instagram.
The drawing is open Tuesday, March 9th at 1:00 PM until 1:30 PM EST. Winners will be notified via email to confirm their winnings by 10 AM on Saturday, March 12th or Sunday, March 13th. Drawing is only available for in-store pick-up.
(Winning entries must be purchased at the store selected during the drawing entry and only during the time stated in the winning email)
One entry per person. Duplicate and automated entries will be disqualified.
Concepts x Nike Air Max 1 SP (Multi-Color/Sail) Online Drawing