Taking cues from the X-Racer and Jaden’s favorite heritage model, the 1700, the Vision Racer merges classic New Balance design language with Jaden Smith’s unique, fashion-forward aesthetic. Jaden’s first foray into footwear design, this bold silhouette pushes design boundaries and paves the way for sustainability-led footwear at New Balance. Each element incorporates recycled material and the shoe is vegan-friendly.
- - Midsole with EVA Regrind: The midsole includes 5% EVA regrind, alleviating a potential waste stream.
- - Partially Recycled Insole: The dual density insert consists of a foam in a heel carrier. The insert foam is made of a combination of 6% castor bean oil, 15% recycled foam, 5% recycled rubber, and 74% virgin PU. The heel carrier is made from 98% post-production leftover foam and rubber.
- - Recycled Content Upper Synthetics: Synthetic leather is made from PU layered onto a thin polyester base and is a vegan alternative to traditional leather. The thin polyester base in these synthetic leather upper pieces is 60% recycled polyester.
- - Recycled Polyester: The upper textile, upper lining and tongue textile are made of 100% recycled polyester. Recycled polyester used on the Vision Racer comes from post-consumer plastic rather than oil.
- - Reflective details
- - Rubberized tip
- - Translucent outsole with VISION print
- - Vegan-friendly